Monday, February 27, 2012

Session 5 Nebula

Review group workplace case: compare similarities and differences and develop a table evidencing this.


Learning Organization Scores Summary:


From the table one, we can see the case evaluation from LO survey gives an overall assessment to the organization in three parts: learning environment, learning process and leadership. The outcome shows a good performance of ZOU (Zhejiang Ocean University) but a low mark in NOG (New Oriental Technology & Education Group). And ZTS (Zhejiang Television Station) and GM (Guangdong Museum) got third and second place in this comparison.


To be honest, I feel not happy about this outcome as my university becoming the championship. In fact, my university does not perform well in establishing a good learning organization. Because we do this survey separately without a uniform criterion to monitor this online assessment, so the result may seem unfair and unauthoritative to some extent. Neo have a really strict standard to NOG learning organization I guess, while I lead a more tolerant attitude to my studying place. Although the data collection of NOG is lower in all three parts than ZOU, I still think the NOG who has such a strong power in education teaching market is successful in organization management overall.


For the detailed guideline of LO survey, I would like to compare my university (ZOU) to GM in concrete learning process and practices, and supportive learning environment.
Concrete Learning Processes and Practices




In table two, it is clear to see ZOU as a real school organization get a higher achievement in all five elements than GM, which may due to the different property of two organization. Interestingly, Junyan posted low marks to analysis and information collection of GM, I wonder that whether GM can get sufficient financial investment from local government to support their work in artwork collection and exhibition opening. I gave high marks in both information collection and analysis, because my university really well prepared in these aspects when planned to introduce an innovative technology into school organization.
As a learning organization or related learning organization, I found both of them pay more attention to education and training. School and Museum will hold sessions or seminars about PD regularly.
Supportive Learning Environment


According to the data collection of table three, ZOU had an extremely high score in openness to new idea. I also confused about this outcome because I still feel my school is a traditional organization not an innovative one. I guess I may make some mistakes during the survey that lead such misunderstanding. Besides this factor, it is worth to point out that the time of reflection got only 49 scores in supporting a successful learning environment. The feedbacks from teacher are inadequate in my school. The connection channels between teacher and student are also not enough only via email, telephone or face-to-face talk. Junyan emphasize the lack of appreciation of differences in GM. I guess the reason is related to the character of museum itself and unsatisfactory support from sponsors and government, which limited the multidirectional development of GM.

No comments:

Post a Comment